Sattar Khatabi was born in 1988 and received his B.A. in Consulting from Allameh Tabatabaee University.
He began learning Tombac from 1998, practicing for a year with Amer Eskandari and continuing with Hamid Ghanbari (in Bahman Rajabi’s school).
Then he proceeded to learn Daf in Bijan Kamkar school. Sattar began an extensive research on Eastern and Western percussion instruments. He also started learning Kamancheh with Shervin Mohajer (2007-2011).
He has performed with many music bands from 2004 including Paliz, Sepandar, Coloon Zaman, and Fusion Music Band, Nioosh.He has performed in various albums such as:
– “Ayyaran”, composed by Ahmad Pejman,
– “Dar Dame Rhythm” by Hamid Ghanbari,
– “Dah Tir”, composed by Golnoosh Salehi,
– “Saalnameh”, composed by Mohammad-Reza Fayyaz,
– “Khaaham Goft” by Nioosh Band,
– “A Look at Rhythm and Metre in Persian Poetry”, a book written by Dr. Mohammad Amir-Jalali, accompanied by a CD on teaching metre in poetry,
– “In Ke Deltange To Am”, composed by Nasim Shamloo.
He has performed in Albums, “Paliz 1” and “Paliz 2” and a few video clips.
Sattar is currently teaching percussion instruments and solfege in a number of music schools in Tehran.